Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Reunion

I can't believe how lucky I am. After months apart post-graduation, two of my dearest college friends and I reunited for a weekend. I am lucky to know Kari and Leah. They are the kind of people who make you feel like the best version of yourself. The kind with whom everyday is the best day. 

As we get older and life becomes more real, it's friends like these whom I have come to treasure more and more. Their positive energy and tremendous drive inspires me. They open my eyes to fresh perspectives. We share endless laughter. We stand together through the tears. These young women know what they want out of life, and sometimes, just by being in their presence, I feel like I can start to figure out what I want too. They challenge me to go beyond my comfort zone and are always looking to try something new.


And so we embarked on a weekend of adventure...

We dressed up as fruits for Halloween and shopped around at the farmers market. By night we sipped on creamy root beer floats. On a 15 person bicycle, we pedaled through town, singing "Shake It Off" at the top of our lungs. Mermaids mesmerized us. We cooked curry for Grandma and played pinball at Coin-Op. We drove down the highway, rain tapping at the windows. We rode BART into the city and winded through Golden Gate Park. An elderly lady sat at a bench on the pond, and we took in the serenity of the scene. We strolled through a rose garden and photographed The Painted Ladies. We met a friend for milk tea and dined on Thai in a hole in the wall. 


The bright store signs created a halo of light as we walked down Powell Street that last night. I looked to my friends then up, the skyscrapers towering into the darkness. "Life is good," I said. It is. It sure is.